We all know that exercising is good for your body & your heart but what you may not have known is exercise can improve almost every aspect of your life more than you think. Below I have gathered 5 benefits that may shock and impress you. But most importantly its going to make you want to get off your phone, computer and/or TV and start moving your way to a better, more successful and more vibrant life.
1. Boost your sex drive: I thought this would be a good one to start with. Exercise increases your circulation which will allow more blood flow to your happy parts. More blood to your happy parts will allow more sensation when being touched. Of course once you get back on that exercise wagon your self esteem and confidence is going to increase! Thus making it very hard not to want to rip off your clothes and....well you get the picture!
2. Lower Anxiety & Increase your Mood: I have 3 words for you: Endorphins, Endorphins, and Endorphins. Even as little as a 20 minute aerobic (staying at the same pace) walk can and will release these amazing chemicals (endorphins). These chemicals are released throughout your body interacting with receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain. How? Well they act as analgesics and sedatives creating that 'euphoric' feeling. Some refer to it as a 'runners high' or a ' post workout high'. If you take a moment and google natural cures for anxiety & depression exercise will most likely be in the top 2.
3. Increased Energy: I know you think "But I dont even have enough energy to get me though my day let alone adding in 30-60 minutes of exercise". Well stop the excuses! Heres the chemistry behind it: Your body rises to the challenge for more energy by becoming stronger at a cellular level. You are demanding more energy by moving more than your body is used to. Located in our cells are little organs called Mitochondria (is Biology 11 and 12 coming back to you now?). These little guys work like power plants to produce energy. So the more energy you ask your body for the more your body will produce, thus giving you overall more energy. For example, the more you wash your hair the more grease it will start to produce because its used to getting washed so often. Does this make sense now that I put into our functional life?
4. Better Sleep: This benefit is all to do with body temperature. When you workout your body temperature rises and can actually stay that high for 3-4 hours post exercise. Your body naturally cools itself when it starts preparing for bed. So if you choose the correct time to exercise (before dinner) this will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeper.
5. A New Found Confidence: This is one purely from my experience with over 40 clients in the past year. I have seen countless clients of mine almost reborn into a new person, even within their first month of starting exercise! Their energy is unstoppable. Their positivity & happiness shines through their smile and overall spirit! It is what makes me love what I do and I have never felt such a sense of fulfillment then seeing someones true happiness come out...
All my research are from the following 2 sites:
If you have any comments or more unique benefits to exercising please share :)
Feeling weak, anxious and unconnected to my body lead me to start exercising. I joined a dance class once a week and after every dance class I had a glow about me, and it wasn't just from the sweat that I built up in class, it was something more. I realized it was the endorphins that were being produced from the physical activity I was doing. That was 13 years ago. Since then I have devoted my career life to helping other humans, like yourself, kick butt in their health and fitness goals. If you're looking for a helping hand or not even knowing where you should start... I would be more than honoured to help!