You're all welcome: REAL ingredients packed with antioxidants, omega-3 ftty acids, protein and my favourite morning ingredient FIBER. No fear if you don't have 'doughnut tins' just use a muffin tray :)
Makes about 6 donuts
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22 to 26 minutes
3/4 cup oat flour (quick oats blended into powder works!)
1/2 cup chia seeds
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup (or less if your trainer wants you off sugar ;) )
1/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla (always) non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla (real shit mmmkay)
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Lightly grease your donut (or muffin) pan with oil (I used Trader Joes coconut oil spray).
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, chia seeds, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add the maple syrup, milk, and vanilla and stir until combined. The batter will be pretty runny so no worries.
4. Spoon the batter into the pan, filling each cavity to the top.
5. Bake the donuts for 22 to 26 minutes, until firm to the touch.
6. Cool the donuts in the pan for about 10 minutes and then they should pop right out. Allow them to cool completely (quite honestly though I ate mine as soon as they came out of the oven, I simply could not resist)
In the Oh She Glows Recipe, Angela includes a Coconut-Lemon Whipped Cream recipe to drizzle over top but that's just adding more sugar which isn't good for us (especially in the morning. We don't need to spike out glycemic levels as soon as our body wakes up, come on no, at least wait until post-lunch, haha.)
I have mine with anything from peanut butter to jam to plain as they don't need much as they are super amazing.
SOOOOOO GOOOD, QUCIK & EASY I'm going to double the recipe next time :)
Feeling weak, anxious and unconnected to my body lead me to start exercising. I joined a dance class once a week and after every dance class I had a glow about me, and it wasn't just from the sweat that I built up in class, it was something more. I realized it was the endorphins that were being produced from the physical activity I was doing. That was 13 years ago. Since then I have devoted my career life to helping other humans, like yourself, kick butt in their health and fitness goals. If you're looking for a helping hand or not even knowing where you should start... I would be more than honoured to help!