Happy New Year everyone! Have you already failed on your New Year’s resolution? Ha ha ha, typical!
My New Year’s resolution was to drink more water. Now as simple as that may seem, it proved more difficult in the months leading up to Christmas. I thought I would get a head start to the New Year by starting my resolution in November. I failed 3 times! How could simply filling up a glass of water, raising it to my mouth and drinking it be so gosh darn hard??? I went out to learn some tips.
Tips to getting more H2O in your bod:
1. Start your day with a glass of water. If you also want to start your metabolism, try adding half a lemon to it. I bought a wooden lemon reamer from Ming Wo for $3.95. A tool like this helps get all the lemon juice out without getting it all over your hands and stinging your cuticles.
2. Finish lunch and dinner off with a cup of hot water or herbal tea. There are so many benefits of this habit. To name a few (besides adding another 2 glasses of water to your day):
3. Keep water at arm’s reach: at work, in your car, at the gym, even when you’re out enjoying a few alcoholic beverages. If it’s right there in your face, you're more likely to pick it up and drink it!
4. Straws!!!! Not only are they fun colors, shapes and bendable, they serve a great purpose! As adults I think we only see straws as things that go in slurpees, vodka sodas, pops and milk shakes. But don’t these things have one thing in common?? They get that liquid into your body ASAP!!! Why aren't we doing this with water? I'm sure you've always seen them in the pop and juice aisle at the grocery store, so now you have an excuse to buy them!
5. Lube up your body! We all know that when things are dry and rusty they don’t perform as well they should, right? Give your body the lube it needs and see the results within 24 hours. Your skin, your hair, your performance, your pee, etc. I noticed that my constant headache went away (and to think I used to blame that on my poor boyfriend).
I hope these tips will help you increase your water intake. Please feel free to leave comments to add to this blog. I always appreciate your opinions!
Feeling weak, anxious and unconnected to my body lead me to start exercising. I joined a dance class once a week and after every dance class I had a glow about me, and it wasn't just from the sweat that I built up in class, it was something more. I realized it was the endorphins that were being produced from the physical activity I was doing. Join me and start moving and feel the difference. Read my blog to get motivation, try the exercises I've posted, contact me for personal training, bootcamps, workout cards or just go for a walk. Any activity is good activity.